Subject: Problems booting miniroot
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Gordon Zaft <zaft@Artisoft.COM>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/09/1997 15:51:38
Gang,
	I'm still trying to get NetBSD/VAX up.  I've tried both the 1.2
miniroot and the 1.1A miniroot, and they both panic during bootup.  This
is on a MicroVAX II with 16 MBytes, TK50, and a DQ696 ESDI controller.

	I'm suspecting at this point that there's something with the
disk drive or controller that it doesn't like, and I'm going to try
swapping it out for an RD54/RQDX3.  Does this sound reasonable?  Any other
suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

--
Gordon C. Zaft					zaft@artisoft.com
Product Configuration Coordinator               Opinions are my own.