Subject: Re: New 1.2B kernel.
To: Thomas S. Traylor <ttraylor@titan.cs.mci.com>
From: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/08/1997 17:12:56

> On the MVII I got alot of "qe0: ring overruns". I did not have this
> problem with the v1.1 kernel.  Is there something that needs to be
> fixed in the code?  Is it possible that I have a bad Ethernet
> controller (DELQA)?  I have serveral other controllers I could try if
> its hardware related.

I think that is because of the MVII can't handle the interrupts fast
enough. I have got that all the time on MVII, and sometimes also on MVIII.

> I'm currently running the v1.2 kernel on this system. The problem that
> I notice with this kernel (GENERIC) is the system panics sometime at
> night and enters the debugger.  I have been unable to figure out when
> exactly when this happens. I'm still looking into it.

Can you tell why it panics? Also do a ps at the ddb prompt, so that
I can see what processer were running? I have bota a MVII and a MVIII
and neither of them has crashed.

-- Ragge