Subject: Re: creating boot tapes under VMS
To: Burns Scott <scott.burns@labatt.com>
From: Gordon Zaft <zaft@Artisoft.COM>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/04/1997 23:51:08
Gang,

> Did you use C-Kermit on VMS ? If yes then did you use SET FILE TYPE
> IMAGE or SET FILE TYPE BINARY on the VMS side ? IMAGE is probably
> preferred.
>
> scott
> scott.burns@netcontech.com

	THANKS!

	The problem was my Kermit transfer.  I had to do a SET FILE
TYPE FIXED (creates 512-byte records) rather than a SET FILE TYPE
BINARY.  My version of Kermit doesn't support SET FILE TYPE IMAGE.

	I was able to create a bootable tape and I tried booting it
to an Nboot prompt.  That's all I have time for tonight.

	Thanks for your help!

GZ

--
Gordon C. Zaft					zaft@artisoft.com
Product Configuration Coordinator               Opinions are my own.