Subject: creating boot tapes under VMS
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Gordon Zaft <zaft@Artisoft.COM>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/03/1997 15:38:40
	Hi, I'm having a problem creating a boot tape under VMS.  I followed
the directions from the NET-BSD FAQ homepage.

	Here's what I did:

	1) Used kermit in binary mode to get the boot file (file 1) to
the VAX.

	2) did an init/erase mua0 "".  ran fine.

	3) did a mount/foreign/block=512 mua0:

	4) did a copy to mua0: and got the following error:

	%COPY-E-WRITEERR, error writing <filename>
	-RMS-F-SYS, QIO system service request failed
	-SYSTEM-F-BADPARAM, bad parameter value
	%COPY-W-NOTCMPLT, <filename> not completely copied.

	where <filename> is whatever I called the first file.

	What am I doing wrong?  Ideas?

	Also, I was perusing the archives and apparently this may be a waste
of effort since apparently there's some problem with the 1.2beta boot files?
What's the scoop?

	Thanks.

GZ

--
Gordon C. Zaft					zaft@artisoft.com
Product Configuration Coordinator               Opinions are my own.