Subject: Re: VR290 to PC adapter
To: Marc Malagelada Duch <marc@hades.udg.es>
From: Paul Apprich <psapp@terra.cnct.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/20/1996 16:51:29
On Fri, 20 Dec 1996, Marc Malagelada Duch wrote:

> Somebody said that there is a interface to use the VR290
> with a PC.
>
> Is there any good soul that may pass the scheme to me?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Marc.

         The VR290DA uses composite sync if it has four BNC connectors in
the back. What you will need to do is build a circuit that takes the
horizontal and vertical syncs and mix them. Since these sync signals are
TTL levels, I have used a 74LS86 exclusive OR gate to do this.

                 1
         H---------\\~~~~\ 3      4
                 2  ||    |---------\\~~~~~\ 6    8
                    ||      |--| 13
                   12
                                   7---gnd   14---Vcc (+5v)

	If any component of the signal need be inverted, move the
grounded input of the corresponding gate to Vcc. Any questions? :)

psapp@cnct.com - Is there life after Ultrix for VS3100?