Subject: Re: Vaxstation 3100???
To: None <PORT-VAX@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate! <carlini@marvin.reo.dec.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 11/27/1996 15:57:52
"mcquiggi@sfu.ca" "Kevin McQuiggin" wrote:

>My 3100/10 has a KA410 board. Perhaps I should try it and see what
>happens. What's the status of the KA410 mainboard? It seems that I
>should download -current and give it a try.

A MicroVAX 3100-10 reports itself as KA41-A on the console and has a KA420 CPU
board. The KA410 board is for the MicroVAX/VAXstation 2000 and is a different
size (and is completely different in many other ways too). The VAXstation
3100-30 reports KA42-A on the console and has a different CPU board to the
MicroVAX 3100 (it may be a simple re-spin or it may be more than that, but you
cannot flick jumper(s) and convert one to the other as you can with the MicroVAX
2000).

>I wonder if the machine will boot from an external TK50 drive? I
>could get access to one of these, but a boot floppy would be simpler,
>if it boots then I could try the TK50 at that time.

Both MicroVAX 3100s and VAXstation 3100s are capable of booting from a TK50.

Antonio

Antonio Carlini                            Mail: carlini@marvin.enet.dec.com
DECnet-Plus for OpenVMS Engineering
Digital Equipment Corporation              Worton Grange, Reading, England