Subject: Re: Vaxstation 3100???
To: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
From: Bertram Barth <bertram@ifib.uni-karlsruhe.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 11/27/1996 12:06:22
Anders Magnusson writes:
> > I have a Microvax 3100 model 10. I understand that this may be
> > supported in netbsd-current/... Is this the case?
> >
> No, it isn't. There are almost no 3100 support at all in -current,
> but it may come up if someone writes it :-)

Yes and No.
I've never seen a 3100/10 or 3100/20 thus I can't say for sure.
But from what I've read the KA420 board in these machines seems
to be not too different from the KA410 in the VS2000. Thus it
might be possible that -current works on these machines with
no or minimal changes. Things are different for other models,
esp. for 3100/76 (KA43).

Last time I tried I couldn't manage to compile a bootable floppy
for VS2000, so at the moment I can't help with any boot-media for
3100s for test-purposes.

Ciao,
	bertram