Subject: Data on Lance and DSSI
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Robin Birch <birchr@royalmail.co.uk>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/15/1996 11:21:15
Dear All,
I amm only a gnat's away from a working lance interface for a uVAX3400.  I am,
as part of this, attempting to make sure that the interface code will handle
as many vax stations as possible as well as the ka640.  In order to do this I
need the hardware specs for the VS3100 series and the VS2000 series.  If people
have these can they photocopy the appropriate pages, I'll pay for the
photocopies
and postage.

I need the network interface chapter, usually 3 or 4 pages worth for the
VS2000 and
VS3100.

In addition, once I've got the lance going I will be doing a DSSI device
driiver.
I have the necessary info to create the controller for a dssi device but I
don't
know what the various protocols, commands etc that the dssi system uses are.
Has
anybody got this information, again I'll happily pay for photocopying and
postage.

If anybody knows where these specs exist on the net can I have the url
please and then
I'll download then instead.

Cheers

Robin