Subject: Hardware Question (VAX3500 Disk)
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Marc Malagelada Duch <marc@hades.udg.es>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/11/1996 21:59:20
Hi.

I've spent some milliseconds building a console cable for my VAX3500
(I'll type a document to add to the FAQ) and now I can do something useful
with that machine.
I've verified everything and I've found a sick disk (RA70) and a dead TK70.
I've repaired the TK70. But the disk does not look healthy.

What is this disk? it is not SCSI, not ESDI, not MFM...
what the hell is this? Q-bus!?

What am I going to need to boot that VAX with a NetBSD?
I heard something about a linux box with a mopd.
Is there any other way to boot? (I use linux, but I have no idea about mopd)

Thanks and sorry again for asking hardware questions in this list.
BTW: Does anybody know about a VAX hardware list?

Marc Malagelada.