Subject: Network Address Translation
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Robert Smith <rmsmith@csc.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/25/1996 13:15:43
I apologize if I asked this before, might be geezing again...

Does NetBSD vax support network address translation?

I have played with Dave Mischler's IPRroute program and it does a very
good job of hiding my network behind a single address. I have been
able to set up telnet from one box, ftp from another, http from a third
and so on.

Now my PC is getting old (286 with MFM disks) and I have these little
NetBSD vaxen beasties that are just looking for more fun things to do.

so, is NAT built in?  Is there something around I can add or port to
it to do address and even port translations for me?

thanks
still bad
bob