Subject: mopd 2.5.2 release
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mats O Jansson <maja@celsiustech.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/17/1996 01:48:20
This is the first annonuncement of mopd 2.5.

The new feature that made me bump the version number to 2.5 is the support
for a.out format. This was done after a comment from Matt Thomas.

I have tested to load VAX a.out images (OMAGIC). But I still have problems
with kernels.

New in 2.5.2 is the support for BSD/OS 2.1 and FreeBSD 2.1.5. It started
as a bug report and some suggestions from Mike Andrews about FreeBSD not
working. FreeBSD is a strange animal, it's networking code behaves in a way
not seen anywhere else, I have to swap the bytes in the protocol field
in Ethernet type II, and swap the bytes in the length field in IEEE 802.3
case. The FreeBSD version of rarpd has a comment about not understanding
why NetBSD used htons around protocol, now we know why.

-moj

Mats O Jansson, CelsiusTech Systems, Jaerfaella, Sweden
email: maja@celsiustech.se (or moj@stacken.kth.se)