Subject: Re: make build with 1.2 (current)
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG, robin@falstaf.demon.co.uk>
From: Mike Young <young@ecn.purdue.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/13/1996 16:14:56
 >I get filesystem full unless I remove the
 >operating system (netbsd) and delete the contents of a large directory, say
 >sbin.  Have I done something wrong or is this normal.  If this is normal
 >is there a case for increasing the size of the standard root partition?.

	You didn't say how big your root partition was. The common setup
appears to be about a 10 MB root partition, to include the bootable kernel,
/bin, /sbin, /dev, and /etc. Put /usr (and maybe /var and /tmp) on separate
filesystems, then mount them at boot time. My uVax II is set up like this,
and I run with about 1-2 MB free on the root partition - plenty enough room
to make a new version of the kernel or two.

|   Mike Young     young@purdue.edu     Purdue University ECE Dept.     |
|   W. Lafayette, IN 47907-1285    http://dynamo.ecn.purdue.edu/~young/ |