Subject: Re: VS3100 (VS42A) did a netboot (via MOP) of a standalone image...
To: Paul Apprich <psapp@terra.cnct.com>
From: Mats O Jansson <maja@celsiustech.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/11/1996 11:45:56
On Sat, 10 Aug 1996, Paul Apprich wrote:

> 	Can this be used in setting up a boot & root disk set to run the
> VS3100-m76-spx to install a filesystem onto the HDD's ?

Not for the moment. But in the long run, yes. My little program doesn't know
anything about the hardware. It only defaults to the rom routines for console
I/O.

But a mopable edlabel would make it possible to set up the disk, and a
kernel with root on nfs and swap on nfs would make it possible to get
a system running on a new machine. But i don't known if it would be possible
to get a version of copy to fetch the miniroot via MOP. But it would be
nice because then it would be possible to get *BSD/vax up and running
if you only have MOP available (e.g. on a VMS machine).

> psapp@cnct.com

-moj

Mats O Jansson, CelsiusTech Systems, Jaerfaella, Sweden
email: maja@celsiustech.se (or moj@stacken.kth.se)