Subject: Re: mopd
To: Kevin P. Neal <kpneal@interpath.com>
From: Mats O Jansson <maja@celsiustech.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/08/1996 15:07:27
On Wed, 17 Jul 1996, Kevin P. Neal wrote:

> If anybody has a hacked not-ready-for-prime-time mopd that I could use from
> a StunOS 4.1.1 Sun3 then please let me know!

I have just released mopd-2.4.1 which contains support for SunOS 4 and a new
program called mopa.out written by Lloyd Parkes <Lloyd.Parkes@vuw.ac.nz>.
Some fixes from Bert Driehuis <driehuis@playbeing.org> has been included.

To be able to run mopd on SunOS 4 the kernel must support NIT. To build
the SunOS version, goto otherOS directory and type make. A directory will
be created (e.g. sun4-sunos4) and a new Makefile will be created and links
to the source will be added in it.

mopa.out converts a.out images to mop format. I havn't tested it yet but
think it's useful for anyone trying to netboot VAXes. This program is
not supported by SunOS 4.

-moj

Mats O Jansson, CelsiusTech Systems, Jaerfaella, Sweden
email: maja@celsiustech.se (or moj@stacken.kth.se)