Subject: Re: YP programs
To: Robin Birch <>
From: Jason Thorpe <>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/30/1996 08:14:10
On Tue, 30 Jul 1996 09:03:53 +0000
 Robin Birch <> wrote:

 > Dear All,
 > I am slowly going through building the sources for 1.2 from netbsd-current.  I
 > have got as far as the yp stuff and have hit a snag.  When I build ypwhich
 > I get xdr_ypdomain_wrap_string undeclared.  This suggests to me that the
 > yp header files are not in sync with the application ones.  Can someone
 > tell me which header this is supposed to live in and ideally, mail me an upto
 > date one.

Make sure you "make includes" in src before building .... that function
is indeed prototyped in /usr/include/rpcsvc/yp_prot.h

/*      $NetBSD: yp_prot.h,v 1996/05/26 06:12:08 jtc Exp $      */

That's the revision tag from the release branch (which is what -current
is currently tracking...)

 -- save the ancient forests - --
Jason R. Thorpe