Subject: None
To: <>
From: A. Sporner <asporner@eagle.ibc.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/24/1996 09:35:15
Hello,

I recently converted my KA630 Microvax II (which I had all the problems with)
into a KA650 Microvax III.  I can now boot the 1.1 kernel and it works very well
as long as I dont configure networking (DELQA).  As soon as I configure, then
I get some message about 'ring overrun.... resyncing by ...' several times.  It
does not seem traffic flow related because I got them in the middle of a massive
ftp and when there was nothing going on at all.  After about 10 minutes the
system then will panic with some kind of unibus error (also some sort of ring
error).

I have tried to load 1.2 but the miniroot panics with a SEGV in kernel mode.
So I seem to be stuck in-between.  Is there any solution to the 1.1 network
problem aside from not using it?  Is there a version of the 1.2 miniroot that
I can expect to boot?

Thanks again,

Andy Sporner
asporner@eagle.ibc.edu