Subject: Re: current kernel build fails.
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jonathan Sturges <jonathan@cc.odu.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/21/1996 16:16:45
On Sat, 20 Jul 1996, Carl Harris wrote:

> > Is something horribly wrong, or did I just catch -current on a bad day?
> > I haven't run sup in about 10 days now.
>

> I've built two kernels with -current (on a uVAX II) in the last two days,
> and had no no problems compiling/linking.  I suspect that you need to sup...

Aiiigh!  Things have gone from bad to worse.  I sup'ed again today
(21-July) and now I can't do anything in the kernel build directory...
everything dies with:

*** Signal 4

Stop.

What's this mean?  Since it is happening for anything (make clean, make
depend, etc...) I'm hoping it's something silly I've overlooked.

(BTW, yes, I did re-config the kernel after supping!  :-)

thanks,
Jonathan