Subject: Re: mopd
To: Kevin P. Neal <kpneal@Interpath.com>
From: Mats O Jansson <maja@celsiustech.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/17/1996 08:36:45
On Wed, 17 Jul 1996, Kevin P. Neal wrote:

> Any chance of anybody finishing off a version of this anytime soon?

A working mopd could be found on ftp://ftp.stacken.kth.se:/pub/OS/NetBSD/mopd
It's working on NetBSD support for other operating systems is still missing.
But I have run it on SunOS 4.1 and AIX 3.2 before. I have fixes and some new
stuff for a new release, but due to holidays in Sweden and I have alot to do
while people isn't at work nothing will be done for at least two weeks.

> I've got 3 MicroVAX-II machines here that I don't have drives for, and
> I don't have money for drives (been trying to get my A3000 back up).
> It'd be nice to be able to get these machines up. I even have a color
> monitor on the way (19" color) cheap. I could try to get this color
> graphics card I have working, but I have to get the machines up first.
>
> I'm getting kinda antsy about it because my NetBSD/Amiga box went down
> (drive failure) and I'm having a fit trying to get the SCSI stuff straightened
> out (25-pin SCSI connectors are the spawn of the devil). I don't want to
> sound impatient, but I am.
>
> Heck, if the 3100 port isn't working by next summer, I could perhaps help
> with that (what do they run for, $75 base?). But first....
>
> If anybody has a hacked not-ready-for-prime-time mopd that I could use from
> a StunOS 4.1.1 Sun3 then please let me know!

If you could wait to begining of August i'll see if I could add SunOS support
again.

> Thanks!
> --
> XCOMM Kevin P. Neal, Sophomore, Comp. Sci. \   kpneal@interpath.com
> XCOMM "I said that? What else did I say?"   \  kpneal@eos.ncsu.edu
> XCOMM  -- Ross Smith, sober: June 29, 1996  /      Perm. Email:
> XCOMM http://www4.ncsu.edu/~kpneal/www/    /   kevinneal@bix.com

-moj

Mats O Jansson, CelsiusTech Systems, Jaerfaella, Sweden
email: maja@celsiustech.se (or moj@stacken.kth.se)