Subject: 1.2beta kernel and uVAX II
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Carl Harris <ceharris@mal.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/16/1996 21:35:50
Just an FYI regarding 1.2beta and the uVAX II:

I built a kernel from -current today, and it boots just fine.  Of
course, my userland binaries are not 1.2beta, so some things don't
work (NFS, for instance).  I'm going to try to replace all of my
userland stuff with the 1.2beta binaries tomorrow.  Hopefully, I won't
find myself restoring from tape again.  ;-)

I played with the 1.2beta miniroot a bit more.  Right before it crashes,
occasionally I see a message that indicates that the swap space was
split into two pieces; one for the miniroot, and one for swap/paging -- I
cannot remember the exact text of the message.  Some times this message
appears, and sometimes it doesn't.

This is one of those times that I *really* wish core image dumps were
working...

--
Carl Harris
Systems Engineer