Subject: 1.2 beta on uVAX II
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Carl Harris <ceharris@mal.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/14/1996 17:14:08
After months of looking for some replacement hardware for my II/GPX, I
finally have a working vax again.  Since my previous 1.1 installation
was lost by a blown disk drive, I attempted to load up the 1.2 beta.
It won't boot from the miniroot.  I labeled the disk and copied the
miniroot onto ra0b, and booted with

	ra(0,1)netbsd

The kernel loads and configures, then prompts for a root device.  I
respond with ra0*.  The usual "clock gained xxx days" message is displayed,
then the system crashes with a segv fault in kernel mode.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

--
Carl Harris
Systems Engineer