Subject: 1.2 crashes was tape problems...
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: simon <simon@knuffel.isdn.cs.tu-berlin.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/05/1996 20:13:00
Hi!

After several unsuccessful attempts with a tk50 at a sparc5
i finally found a tk50 connected to a decstation 3000.
I wrote the tapes and booted the 1.1 images on our MVII.
Everything works fine, exept for some ethernet hangs
in nfs. Any solution?

But it seems that the 1.1 binaries are all gone on the
netbsd ftp server.
So i wrote new 1.2A tapes. But the kernel panics
with segment violation in kernel mode.

So I m looking for 1.1 binaries or for a working
1.2 kernel. Will 1.2 binaries work with a 1.1 kernel?
Best greetings and thanks a lot,

Simon.
PS: My Vax is a KA630 Rev 1.2.
---
Simon. Laule	simon@cs.tu-berlin.de
		simon@knuffel.isdn.cs.tu-berlin.de
		laule@mbi.fta-berlin.de

"ICMP Host Unreachable messages can cause a system panic." ...
			Hewlett-Packard Patch Description PHNE_6709