Subject: How to open a MV/VS 2000?
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Olaf Seibert <rhialto@polder.ubc.kun.nl>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/21/1996 23:57:34
I wanted to open my MV 2000, because I am always curious what my
computers look like inside.

However, I didn't get far. My MV 2000 has the "expansion adaptor", as
the Dutch installation instructions call it. Do I *have* to remove it in
order to gain access to the underside of the main enclosure?  And do I
in fact have to get to that in order to open the machine?

As it looks now, I have to loosen the C connector and its board in order
to get to the 4th screw to disconnect the expansion adaptor from the
main case, and even then I can't really remove it because the cables are
too short, so I have to loosen all the other connectors too. And so far
I have not dared to remove screws that may not be easy to put back.

This seems like an abnormal amount of work just to get partially inside.
Am I missing something obvious or is this really the way it is?

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert      D787B44DFC896063 4CBB95A5BD1DAA96
\X/ Ceci n'est pas un Magritte          rhialto@polder.ubc.kun.nl