Subject: Installing 1.1 on a 3400
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Robin Birch <birchr@royalmail.co.uk>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/12/1996 16:33:02
Dear All, -especially Dave Brownlee,
I've been attempting to down load the tar.gz files from tape.  See my
earlier posts,
and am still haveing some interesting problems.

My system, a 3400 with a TK70, happily installs the miniroot and boots.  When I
start to down load the rest of the system, which dave placed off the end of the
miniroot, I keep getting:

        trecord data truncated
        ms0: hard error bn0
        dd: /dev/tms8: Input/output error
        0+0 records in
        0+0 records out

I have also tried to read a TK50, the above is also a TK50, with the .tar.gz
files
written on as a tar file and get the same.  I have tried reading the files from
another TK50 which I ungzipped and wrote on with dd and tries tar --unlink
etc as
indicated in the install FAQ.  This last just gave me the bin directory from the
first file and nothing else.

In order to remove the tape drive from the equation I replaced the TK70 with
a TK50
and tried again with the same reslts, yes I swapped the controller at the
same time.

Heeeeeeeeelp

Robin
Robin Birch					01793 494908 (Tel)