Subject: Re: qe0: ring overrun
To: David Brownlee <david@mono.org>
From: Tom I Helbekkmo <tih@Hamartun.Priv.NO>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/15/1996 17:43:23
[Anders Magnusson]

> This is a generic problem with the deqna. The receive buffer ring
> gets filled up so some packets get lost.

[David Brownlee]

> 	I would have assumed something like this, but for the fact it
> 	happens when it is the only machine on the network (the network
> 	being a cable approx 1 metre long in this case :)

I see the same symptoms with a DELQA on an almost idle ethernet.  I've
got a NetBSD/i386 system serving /usr/src and /usr/local to a KA650
with a DELQA, and the overrun messages keep ticking over even when
they're just sitting there doing little besides sending rwho packets.

-tih
--
Tom Ivar Helbekkmo
tih@Hamartun.Priv.NO