Subject: Re: BSerial ports still not working
To: Holger B. Austinat <hba1@cec.wustl.edu>
From: Kevin McQuiggin <mcquiggi@sfu.ca>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/08/1996 09:57:14
> The vax has two DHV-11 cards (16 ports), but only the first 8 ports can be
> set in the /etc/ttys file (trying to set ttyS8-ttySf causes NetBSD to drop
> to the debugger at booting time).  I'm not sure if both DHV-11 cards
> should be reported at different addresses, or if they are recognized as
> only one card?

Here's something to check: Your boards should be set at different
addresses, or you will get the VAX equivalent of an IRQ conflict. And
then you will need a custom kernel to recognize the second board at an
alternate address.

I'd suggest removing one of the dhv11 boards and retrying, to see if you
get any response. Both boards could be mapped to the same address, and
neither would probably work then.

Kevin

--
Kevin McQuiggin VE7ZD