Subject: Re: DHV11 not detected by 1.1A
To: None <venger+@pitt.edu>
From: Kevin McQuiggin <mcquiggi@sfu.ca>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/31/1996 19:47:09
> Hi Kevin...
>
> 	I have the 1.1A snapshot installed in a uVAX II with 2 DHV11's and
> the kernel picks them both up no problem. You might want to try reseating
> the boards and see if this helps.

I tried re-seating the board, no change.

I did get the opportunity to see the DIP switches. It looks like they may
have been changed from the defaults.

Here's what they are set at. Perhaps the board has been moved from a
default address that the driver is expecting.

Can anyone shed light on this please?

Two banks of switches, 8 and 8, 16 total.

Viewed from top of board with bus fingers at bottom, cables at top:

0=OPEN
1=CLOSED

   Bank 1:                Bank 2:
          11110101               11100110
   SW #:  12345678               12345678

Thanks. Sorry for so many questions, I'm keen to get the new machine all
tuned up!

Kevin

--
Kevin McQuiggin VE7ZD