Subject: uVax II is up, but with errors.
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jonathan Sturges <jonathan@cc.odu.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/28/1996 19:22:54
Hi everyone,
My MicroVAX II lives again!  Much thanks to Dave McGuire for his time,
talents, and stash of old KA630 boards... :-)

Anyhow, the last day or so I've been customizing it and building stuff,
etc.  Basically, things work OK, but the machine has crashed on me
twice.  Here are the errors I got; both dumped me into the kernel debugger:

panic: ffs_inactive: locked inode
Stopped at      0x800741e8:     movl    0x80097e00, r0
db>

...and then a few hours later (doing something completely different)...

panic: unwire: page not in pmap
Stopped at      0x8007a8dd:     *clrl   -(sp)
db>

So what caused these, and is there anything I can do to fix 'em?  If it's
something that's already been fixed, I probably don't have it.  I am
running 1.1A, but I don't have sup running yet (I don't have the disk
where I'm gonna nfs mount the source tree setup).

Also, when Dave helped me get the machine up, we spent a few minutes (not
alot of time) trying to get the kernel to recognize my DHV11 card, but
could not.  Anyone who's using a DHV11 w/ 1.1A, I'd love to hear what you
did and/or what your settings are on your card...

Also, maybe a sign of the death of my RD54... I got this today, too, but
it didn't crash the system or anything:

uda0: soft error datagram: unit 0: small disk error, cyl 903: data error
(uncorrectable ecc) (code 8, subcode 7)

:-(

thanks for any pointers...
Jonathan

PS- forgot to give my total hardware config:  KA630 CPU, single RD54
disk, TK50, DELQA ethernet, DHV11 async. card, 9MB RAM.