Subject: Re: non important question.
To: Dave McGuire <mcguire@rocinante.digex.net>
From: Gunnar Helliesen <gunnar@bitcon.no>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/28/1996 00:20:01
On Wed, 27 Mar 1996, Dave McGuire wrote:

>   Ahh, too true...but in my mind, I normally lump all ba23 machines
> together size-wise.  It's a tiny box (my scarred knuckles say so)
> whether you put it in a rack or not.

Now that's the truth!

>   In my home machine room, my "big" vax is a MicroVAX-III (ka640) in a
> ba23 mounted in the middle of a pdp11 rack.  Above it is a sun3/80 on
> a shelf, then a cisco2501 router, then a csu/dsu for my 56k line, then
> an AUI fanout.  There's an UPS in the bottom of the rack with a vt240
> on top of it.  I'm not too big on "standard" configurations. ;)

I've also got a uVAX III (uVAX 3300), but the CPU is bad. The PO used the
machine as a "disk-cabinet", connecting the DSSI bus of this machine to
the DSSI bus of another in order to access the disks. I can't remember
the exact error-messages, but when I power it up it never makes it
through the self-tests. I would love to get this machine running with
NetBSD, it's a perfect machine for home use (I've got a small, cramped
apartment...)

Anyone know where I can get a (cheap) spare CPU, or how I can find out
what's wrong with the one I've got?

Gunnar

--
Gunnar Helliesen   | Bergen IT Consult AS  | NetBSD/VAX on a uVAX II
Systems Consultant | Bergen, Norway        | Jaguar Enthusiast/Ford owner