Subject: Re: uVAX II Q-bus hardware
To: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
From: Javier Henderson <javier@kjsl.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/20/1996 15:08:29
On Wed, 20 Mar 1996, Anders Magnusson wrote:

> Emulex UC04 is known _not_ to work, but UC07 does. If you try
> UC08, please tell me so that I can notice it.

The UC08 is the same as the UC07, but with two scsi channels. Both share
the same slot on the qbus though, so performance isn't twice as good as
it would be by having two discrete UC07's.

In fact, the UC07 and UC08 use the same pc board. The UC07 is only half
populated, however.

Each scsi channel on the UC08 can be configured independently of the
other, ie, you could do mscp on one and tmscp on the other.

Cheers,

javier