Subject: Video cable question
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <kpneal@eos.ncsu.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/17/1996 01:59:24
uVAX II: I have a mono fb in the machine, and I borrowed a color cable
for the keyboard/mouse/monitor hookup. I hooked up the green to my
monitor (which I am very sure can handle it), but didn't get a signal.

Not quite. I got a H-sync signal, but no V-sync signal. This is with green
hooked up to green, or composite. Doesn't matter. Hooking the other
connectors up also doesn't work.

What does this mean? I know part of the cable is ok, because I can type
"boot" and the machine goes through the countdown in the back. Where is
the rest of the video signal? Does it take a "mono" cable to get it to
work?

Sigh.

XCOMM Kevin P. Neal, Sophomore CSC/CPE     kpneal@eos.ncsu.edu
XCOMM North Carolina State University      kevinneal@bix.com