Subject: Re: Vax port question
To: Robert Smith <rmsmith@csc.com>
From: Holger B. Austinat <hba1@cec.wustl.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/12/1996 23:49:48
> Since that time, I have had two strange occourances:
> the system drops into debug mode.  Can someone tell me
> if this is normal?  I can copy down the output too but
> just wanted to know ahead of time.

I don't know if this is specific to our VAX, but on our system NetBSD
sometimes drops back to debugging mode when the cursor keys are used
(these are translated into an ESC-sequence of 3 (?) characters).  But if
this happens, it is always possible to type 'continue' (or 'co') and we
can go on working (update the screen with ^L).

The cases in which the system really crashes and drops to debugging mode
without being able of recovering are _very_ rare.

So try to continue, and if this doesn't work, perhaps someone else has
some better reason for this problem.

  Holger

      | HOLGER AUSTINAT              phone: (314) 935-1200 |
      |                          e-mail: hba1@cs.wustl.edu |
           i'm sick and tired of being sick and tired!