Subject: LED on back of vaxstationII/gpx
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Scott Almburg <saa@mercury.aa-news.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/11/1996 18:53:40
Well, the vsII/gpx that I grabbed from the trash man doesn't seem to
boot from the rd53.   I'm guessing that it was either part of a network
and booted off the ethernet, or maybe the rd53 is trashed.
When it does try and boot, the LED on the back will show either
A,8 or 7  .    Does someone know what the various codes mean?  From
a previous posting, I know what A means, but how about the others.
The vax isn't totally dead,  I still get the >> console prompt on a
serial console  and can Deposit and Examine registers and memory.
When it tries and boots from the RD53 it will come back with something
like
>15?
corrpt

Scott Almburg