Subject: None
To: Scott Almburg <sa@umcc.umich.edu>
From: Dave McGuire <mcguire@rocinante.digex.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/01/1996 16:49:30
On March 1, you wrote:
> I was wondering if a TK50 tape drive and TUK50 controller will work on
> a VAX 750. This is the UNIBUS version of the tk50 contoller.   Then,
> would the netbsd port distribution on TK50 tapes boot the 750?
>   I don't want to use 300 TU-58 tapes to install the software, if I
> can't get the ethernet working.

  The TUK50 controller should work fine in the '750...The boot roms
might not have support for actually booting from it, though...Wait,
doesn't the 750 load vmb from a tu58, which also has bootstraps for
various devices?  If so, if you have a tuk50/tk50 bootstrap on there,
you should be fine.

           -Dave McGuire
            mcguire@rocinante.digex.net