Subject: First beta of FAQ ready!
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Gunnar Helliesen <gunnar@bitcon.no>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/19/1996 06:48:58
The first pre-release of the NetBSD/VAX FAQ is now ready. I've included
most of the stuff on installing as well as some other stuff that I've
collected from this list and elsewhere.

A few of you good people are quoted in the FAQ (with references, of
course). If this is unacceptable to you, please let me know as soon as
possible.

Right now I need some constructive critisism: What have I left out, what
have I misspelled and most importantly, where am I plain wrong?

I'll also need to know the status of different projects I know are under
way, most notably the drivers for the DHV11 et. al. serial cards.

There is one specific procedure that I have never tried myself and would
like a rundown on: How do you ftp the rest of the distribution from the
miniroot system? I'll need every step, including the ifconfig command(s),
the route command(s) and everything else needed to get ftp (and NFS!)
working.

For now the FAQ is only in HTML format, I would like to leave it that
way. If a plain ascii version is sorely needed, please let me know.

OK, enough talk, here it is (URL):

http://www.bitcon.no/~gunnar/vaxbsd/FAQ.html

Enjoy, and let me know what you think.

Time to go to work....

Gunnar

--
Gunnar Helliesen   | Unix person,   | Bergen IT Consult AS  | NetBSD/VAX
Systems Consultant | One of "them". | Bergen, Norway.       | uVAX II 9MB