Subject: another help request - building system
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Robert Smith <rmsmith@csc.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/03/1996 22:23:04
Hello again folks,
I have booted and edlabeled and copied and miniroot booted both
RD53 and 54 systems.
Now I am stuck.
I go thru and due the newfs for ra0a thru ra0e, I do a makedev
for each (I think that is what I am supposed to do), I try
to do a disklabel -B ra0a (or /dev/ra0a, /dev/rra0a) and get
Illegal Instruction as a response.
I try to cp gennetbsd or boot to ra0a and get
ra0a is a readonly filesystem.

Now, being sharp and tired - I figure it is something I am doing
wrong consistently.

I am digging out my old unix books on how to make a system
and they have not given me the right clues yet.

I am most willing to start all over  as long as I can see
the netbsd system on  line!!
THANKS in adavance - I am tired of shovelling snow so
I am playing with this !!
bob