Subject: MicroVAX II NetBSD
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Bob Manners <rjm@swift.eng.ox.ac.uk>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/30/1996 09:50:00
Hi,

I'm interested in getting hold of NetBSD, which I understand is
available for the MicroVAX II. Some wise soul suggested I should check
with you first that my controllers and so on are supported. The system
is a MicroVAX II, thus configured:

	KA 630 v1.3 CPU
	2 x EMC2 8Mb Memory boards (so 16Mb in total)
	TK50 with controller
	Emulex MSCP controller with external Fujitsu (~250Mb) disk
	DEQNA
	DEC 4 port RS232 board (forget the model number DZQ11??)

Preferably I'd like to get NetBSD on a couple of TK50 tapes. How would
I go about obtaining such? A kind soul in the US has offered to mail
me so, if I send some blanks over. Is there an easier way?

Secondly, a brief overview of what is included in the stribution would
be nice...

Cheers,

Bob.

Robert Manners                                  Osney Laboratory
rjm@swift.eng.ox.ac.uk                          Dept of Engineering Science
                                                University of Oxford
                                                01865 288762
Computer Museum: http://swift.eng.ox.ac.uk/rjm/museum.html
Also:            http://swift.eng.ox.ac.uk

        "The comfort you've demanded is now mandatory" - Jello Biafra