Subject: Re: Questions about the VAX port
To: Thomas S. Traylor <tst@titan.cs.mci.com>
From: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/17/1996 20:45:32

> First, are there any other VAX systems supported other than the 2 mentioned on
> the Web Server?  ie. 11/750 and the MicroVAX II.

Actually MicroVAX III exists in beta stage, and is therefore not
on the web pages yet.

> I just aquired an MVII and would like to get NetBSD up and running on it. Do I
> need a set of MDM diskettes to format the hard drives or for any other purpose?
> Will disklabel work to format the disk? (RD54)  I don't have the MDM diskettes,
> so I was wandering if I need them.

If your disk is a RD54 used under VMS/Ultrix/VFSH you don't need
to reformat it; it's already formatted. If you must low-level
format it, then you must get the MDM programs.
To install NetBSD you only need the install images that is up for
ftp. Look at the install papers about how-to-do.

-- Ragge