Subject: Help with VAX 8200
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Dave Arthur <arthur_dave@burridge.nscc.ns.ca>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/14/1996 11:25:36
I will at first apologize for the use of this channel for this
question.

Question. I have a VAX 8200 that I wish to put Ultrix 4.4 on .. until
the NetBSD is ported over :-)

I have a distribution of the software on a TK50 tape set. I would
like to have some help in getting the TK50 controller into the 8200
and installing the software.

I have simply inserted the controller into an appropriate slot in the
8200 UNIBUS cabinet. The system did not recognize my attempts to
access the TK50 with a b mua0 command. The error code resulting
indicated that the syntax was incorret or the device was not
recognized.

I my have to do something to the eeprom setup to help it recognize
the TK50 ??

Any help would be appreciated.. We of course can do it off channel.

arthur_dave@burridge.nscc.ns.ca

Many thanks

* Dave Arthur                        *
* Business Instructor                *