Subject: Re: 11/750 Hardware Configuration Problems
To: Neal Harvey <nealh@aisb.ed.ac.uk>
From: Garry Price <gpage@koala.melbpc.org.au>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/15/1995 22:35:19
On Thu, 14 Dec 1995, Neal Harvey wrote:

> I have a huge pile of docs, but unfortunately, none of them deal with
> this particular issue. The cards I have are listed below, and if anyone
> could identify them and their appropriate slot, I would be very
> grateful:

L0001 is a Floating Point Accelerator and goes in slot 1. There is a
front cover that hides the card cage and it normally has a diagram with the
location of all the cards. The cover acts as an airshield and should be
on for cooling the processor. The battery pack at the rear of the card cage
will need recharging. The manual you need is the 11/750 installation
guide which may not look like a standard manual (no covers, cheap
photocopy that looks like a draft version). Try to find an L0006,
diagnostic tapes and manuals if the system fails to run. My old 11/750
was said to be working and it took three or four replacement cards before
it behaved itself. Unfortunately you are too far away, try and find a UK
site that is getting rid of another 11/750 to use for spare parts. I have
given away my 11/750 and its documentation, but if you really hit a brick
wall I should be able to look at the documents with only a few weeks
delay for an answer. Hope this helps.

Regards,
Garry Page