Subject: rx50 floppy
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <rick@snowhite.cis.uoguelph.ca>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/12/1995 11:29:04
I haven't even tried this, so I have no idea if it will actually work, but
let us know if it does:-)

If you anonymous ftp rx50.zip and rawrite.exe from pub/vax-port on
snowhite.cis.uoguelph.ca (131.104.48.1) and then try the following,
it just might work. (Ignore the rest of the files in that directory,
since they are WAY out of date:-)

Install the rx50.sys driver (in rx50.zip) on a dos machine with a hd 5.25 inch
A drive. (Must be the A drive, flip the floppy cable around if it is B.)
Then hopefully rawrite.exe can write an rx50 floppy image. (If you don't have
a floppy already formatted rx50, you could try a "format a:" on a 1.2Mbyte
floppy and see if that rx50 formats it.)

Good luck with it, rick
ps: I have heard of a much better tool, but don't have it. (Don't even remember
    the name of it:-)