Subject: What's needed to boot a muVAX II from tape?
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Peter Cooper <comrade@gu.uwa.edu.au>
List: port-vax
Date: 11/20/1995 16:42:13
Hiya

I have an old muVAX II with 8M of RAM and no operating system.  It used to
have Ultrix installed, but the box doesn't boot anymore (the filesystem is
fith).

I have a TK50 drive installed, and have access to a TK50 on another
machine.  How easy is it to build a TK50 boottape?  As far as I know, the
machine is vaguely "generic" - the drive claims to be an RA81 (not
possible, it's a fullheight 5.25" drive).

The machine has sentimental value - it was this city's main link to the
rest of the net for many years - and I'd love to get it working again.

Peter

--
Peter Cooper (Mr Tangerine Man)
Guild Computing and Networks Officer