Subject: is netbsd for me?
To: None <gvacanti@estsa2.estec.esa.nl>
From: Bertram Barth <bertram@ifib.uni-karlsruhe.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/29/1995 10:17:18
> > I'm new to this list. Recently I acquired a VAXstation GPXII (it was on
> > its way to the dump). It runs VMS at the moment, but I would like some
> > sort of unix. I'm still trying to rescue the manuals, so I have no idea
> > what CPU it runs on, and whether I could install netBSD on it. Any
> > advice for me?

VAXstation GPXII is more or less the same as a MicroVAX II.
It has the same CPU (KA630) which is supported by current NetBSD.

Current binary distribution should be found on your nearest
ftp-server mirroring ftp.NetBSD.org in ../NetBSD/arch/vax

To install NetBSD on this machine you need (tape || (floppy && network))

Ciao,
	bertram

PS: Since the graphic-board (VCB01?) is not supported by NetBSD,
    you also need a console-terminal connected to your machine.