Subject: VAX Initial installation tools/binaries available.
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/16/1995 19:35:39
I have just uploaded a set of binaries at ftp.netbsd.org.
It contains all that is needed to do an initial installation
from scratch on MicroVAX II, either from TK50, RX50 or RX33.
(But you need a way to write tapes/floppies, of course).
NetBSD now runs stable on vax, and most things work well.
More about differences in the README file.
The README file also describes supported hardware, INSTALL guides
you through the installation procedure.
There is no way to do initial installation on 11/750 yet, but
it will come. Be patient.

There are probably things that do not work correctly or other
strange things that I have missed, then tell me and I will
fix it.

I will also post this to related newsgroups (comp.sys.dec etc..)

Good luck! (You will need it!)

Ragge@ludd.luth.se