Subject: Devices supported, ramping up for an install...
To: port-vax <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John Maier <JohnAM@datastorm.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/24/1995 17:53:00
Hello all,
I am very new to this mail group so forgive the ignorance.  I've been using
NetBSD quite actively on the 386 platform since 0.9 and now use 1.0 and
current one in a while.  I have a uVAX II at home running Ultrix 4.0 and am
interested in doing the BSD thing instead.

Currently:
uVAX II GPX 8 plane option
16 meg of ram
TK-50
RD-54
stock ethernet (DEQNA)

I have access to and want to add some, if not all, of these items...

*** Serial boards ****
DEC     DLV11-J         M8043 4-channel serial, dual
DEC     DLV11           M7940 serial, dual
DEC     DZV11           M7957 4-line serial MUX, modem ctrl, quad
DEC     DHV11           M3104 8-line MUX, DMA, modem ctrl
Dilog   DQ1610           16-line serial
DEC                 DECserver 100 - 8-line terminal serveR

*** Parallel Printer port ***
DEC     DRV11           M7941 16-bit parallel, dual

*** Harddrive and Tape Controllers ***
IntegratedSolns IS-RL101 ST506 controller - emulates RL02
IntegratedSolns QIC II        QIC-02 controller - emulates TS11
SMS     SMS0107               ST506 controller
SMS     SMS0108               ST506/ESDI/QIC-02 controller
GenRobotics     STV11         Streaming tape controller (QIC-02?
DEC     RQDXE           M7513 RDxx expander board

*** Special ***
ACT     10067            Q-bus - Unibus adapter

Question, I was told that this Q-bus - Unibus adapter should be transparent
since it makes a Unibus just look like an extension of a Q-bus.  If so, then
can I use devices supported on VAX 730, 750, 780 etc.?  I.e. I have a
controller for a TU-80 tape/RA-81 disk (400 meg) can I talk to this board,
and subsequently use my TU-80 and or RA-81?

Also, I read though an old mail pile for this group and saw possible support
for X on my GPX work station, has this ever been solved?

So many questions, so little information...

Thanks, I would love to help, but I've got to get started first.

jam

*       John A. Maier          * Research Assistant For Datastorm    *
* E-mail: johnam@datastorm.com * Technologies Inc. (Procomm Plus)    *
*                              * (314) 443-3283                      *