Subject: Current status of NetBSD VAX port.
To: None <port-vax@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/03/1994 18:12:13
Here comes a small report about the current status of the
VAX port of NetBSD:

- Most locore routines are written.
- Memory management seems to work OK (so far :)
- Interrupts and that stuff also work rather good.

Still left to do:
- Decice drivers for lots of equipment.
- Machine support for other VAXen than 750.

It is possible to use lot of old Unibus code from Net-2 release,
but our current development equipment are 2 11/750's with an RM80,
an RP06 and an RP07, so it is hard to try out Unibus support.
Hopefully I will get a couple of UDA50's so we can try out a more
modern disc structure :)

I will put our current efforts on sun-lamp in a couple of days as
soon as I have cleaned then from most of our Swedish test printouts.
/ragge