Subject: Request for VAX BSD port status and offer of help
To: None <port-vax@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Brian Murray <brian@demon.csd.unsw.EDU.AU>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/28/1994 17:02:19
Hi, I subscribed to this group a few weeks ago (and received
confirmation of this) but havent seen any traffic in this list.
Is it normally this quiet? I am interested in the status of
the VAX BSD port as I have an 11/750 myself and BSD would be
the OS of choice to run on it (it currently runs AT&T Version 7
so you can see why I want something better!).

Indeed, I would be willing to offer assistance with regard to
the porting effort. My current VAX setup is as follows:

	VAX 11/750 CPU with FP acceleration option
	8Mb RAM
	2 x RA81 HD's connected via UDA50
	Interlan NI1010A 10Mb/s Ethernet interface
	2 x DZ11 8 port asynchronous serial multiplexors
	Thorn EMI Datatech 8900 9-track tape drive
		connected via Emulex TC12/FS (TS11 compatible) interface

Certainly the Ethernet interface is next to useless as it is since
Version 7 offers no IP networking support whatsoever.

Anyway, let me know what the current status is, and if there's anything
I can help with.

Thanks,
brian@demon.csd.unsw.edu.au CBX250 Apple//c VAX 11/750 SGI Indigo