Port-sun3 archive

Re: Free Sun 3/470 (sun3x) stuff

I have a 3/460 and a 3/470.
I would be happy to give the processor and memory boards a home.

I donated a set of boards like this to NetBSD. Are these the ones that I donated?

On Sat, Jul 26, 2014 at 12:17 PM, Jeremy Cooper <jeremy%baymoo.org@localhost> wrote:
I have the parts to a full 3/470 "Pegasus" machine ready to give away or it will have to be recycled. I never got a chance to learn all the names of these pieces, nor their exact part numbers. They include:

* A 12-slot desk-side 9U (three connector) VME chasis. It is not the
  original Sun chasis, it's a clone.

* About five memory boards.

* 3/470 "3400" main CPU board

* A couple of SCSI boards

* A color framebuffer board.

There are a couple of interesting feature on this sun3x machine that never made it into NetBSD: the block copy accelerator and the page-zeroing accelerator. It would be great if some kind NetBSD developer could take this machine and use it to incorporate support for these devices into NetBSD/sun3x, but I will gladly give the machine, or parts, to anyone who asks.

The machine is located in the Northern San Francisco Bay Area. I can drive the chasis around the Bay Area (but no further). The boards, which are perhaps more rare, still have their most recent shipping boxes and packaging. These I will ship to anywhere in the US or Canada for free.

If you aren't interested in this hardware but know someone who might be, please forward this message to them.

Thanks!
-Jeremy

--
Michael Thompson