Port-sun3 archive

Re: 4.01 panic/lock issues?

John Carr wrote:

> Sorry for the delay.. the holidays tend to be insanely busy for me.

No problem.

 :
> Logging in...vm_fault(0xe105238, 0x0, 0x1) -> 0xe
> trap type=0x8, code=0x145, v=0x4
> pid = 593, lid = 1, pc = 0E0BF7D6, ps = 2014, sfc = 1, dfc = 1

Umm, if this is the stock INSTALL kernel from 4.0.1 distribution,
0x0e0bf7d6 is in fpu_implode() function in
sys/arch/m68k/fpe/fpu_implode.c.

Does your 3/60 actually have 68881? I.e. what does dmesg say?
FPU should be reported right after Model like this:
---
NetBSD 4.99.59 (GENERIC3X) #53: Sun Apr 13 06:12:29 JST 2008
        tsutsui@mirage:/usr/src/sys/arch/sun3/compile/GENERIC3X
Model: sun3x 80
fpu: mc68882
total memory = 65536 KB
avail memory = 62224 KB
 :
----

I'm not sure if FPE functions could be called even if
the machine has a real FPU, though.

> I'm in the process of recompiling using Manuel's GENERIC kernel config
> from last week to use as a control starting point as well. Let me know
> if there's anything I can run to help with the troubleshooting. I'm not
> much of a coder, but I can help whereever I can.

INSTALL kernel doesn't have ddb(4), so "trace" output on the ddb
prompt after panic with GENERIC kernel might help.
(see ddb(4) man page for details)
---
Izumi Tsutsui