Port-sun3 archive

Re: Mutex errors after vmlocking2 merge?

ad%NetBSD.org@localhost wrote:

> biodone() needs to run with thread context since it takes adaptive mutexes.
> It calls cpu_intr_p() and defers to a soft interrupt if it's called from a
> hardware interrupt handler. It looks like cpu_intr_p() isn't working
> properly.

Yes, you are right.
I wrapped idepth accounting with #ifdef DIAGNOSTIC to avoid
mysterious illegal instruction panics which were caused by another bug.
Now both sun3 and sun3x work on multiuser. Thanks.

BTW, some m68k ports have independent clock interrupt handlers.
(for ack speed?)
Should we also acount idepth there for cpu_intr_p()?
---
Izumi Tsutsui