Subject: Re: Attempting to Resurrect Sun3/50 w/ NetBSD
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.org>
From: John Nemeth <jnemeth@victoria.tc.ca>
List: port-sun3
Date: 10/03/2007 15:54:14
On Feb 23, 11:49am, David Johnson wrote:
}
} I succeed in getting the rarpd deamon to respond to the sun3/50 and it
} is now getting its IP address.
}
} When I went to the next step, setting up RPC.bootparamd server, I
} created /etc/bootparams with the following:
} sun350 root=nfsserver:/export/client/root gateway=192.168.2.1:0xFFFFFF00
}
} Then I attempt to start bootparamd daemon:
} # /usr/sbin/rpc.bootparamd -d
}
} I get the following message. Any ideas why I get this? rpc.bootparamd:
} unable to register BOOTPARAMPROG version 1, udp

     Because rpcbind isn't running.  Add "rpcbind=YES" to /etc/rc.conf.

}-- End of excerpt from David Johnson